What We Do
On general commercial litigation matters, the Firm is industry agnostic; it has significant clients in a variety of industries including the garment, jewelry, recruitment, shipping, exercise equipment, computer, consulting, design and marketing companies, advertisement agencies, web based business-to-business and business-to-consumer, pharmaceutical, banking, digital marketing, publishing, real estate and textile industries. The Firm also represents real estate owners, brokers, developers and trustees, and executors and administrators of estates. After almost thirty years in the practice of law, there are few industries which the Firm’s founder, Mr. Roth, has yet to represent.
- Successfully commenced and tried fraudulent conveyance action before the New York State Supreme Court, County of New York on behalf of estate against family members and was also victorious on the appeal.
- Successfully prosecuted three week jury trial before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York on behalf of re-biller of long distance telephone services against what was then one of the largest telephone communication companies in the world.
- On behalf of Austrian and German concentration camp and slave labor victims of the Holocaust, commenced a special proceeding against attorneys who recovered up to $40 million in legal fees representing those victims, requesting that those monies be returned to the victims.
- In a decision that has obtained national prominence, successfully had the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York dismiss a multimillion dollar shareholder litigation against a publicly traded company and its investment banker.
- Successfully defeated motion to certify a class before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey brought by shareholders which sued the company, its officers and directors, accountants and investment banker on various federal securities law claims in connection with an IPO.
- Successfully convinced class of shareholders to dismiss claim against investment banking Firm in multimillion dollar class action: In Re: United States Office Products.
- Successfully tried, before a Justice of the Supreme Court, County of New York, a contractual dispute between public company and alleged contractual parties.
- On behalf of former employees and start up internet marketing company, successfully defended against action seeking to prohibit employees and their company from competing with internationally recognized media conglomerate.
- On behalf of two partnerships, successfully recovered approximately $1,000,000 on a loan against accounting Firm for debtor company that filed for bankruptcy.
- Successfully defended two week jury trial before the Supreme Court, State of New York, County of New York, brought by former employer of career training center for, among other things, violation of a covenant not to compete, raiding and pirating of intellectual property.
- Successfully represented one of the largest clothing/jean manufacturers, distributors, importers, wholesalers and retailers in dispute against another large clothing company regarding intellectual property rights, contractual breaches, disputes within the Board of Directors and other torts.
- Represented four of eight members of the Board of Directors in dispute that created deadlocked Board and compelled the creation of a ninth member of the Board to resolve all issues through litigation and appeal.